What is an ambitious golfer?
The handicap of an ambitious golfer is typically between 10 and 24. An ambitious golfer is able to play a wide range of shots long and straight, although there is the occasional unexpected shot. In contrast to elite players an ambitious golfer might therefore prefer to have a little less spin on the ball in exchange for more tolerance and distance.
1. Nike RZN Tour Black
- Speedlock Technology optimizes energy transfer for faster ball speed and longer distance
- Nike Flight Suit Cover Technology features advanced aerodynamics to optimize ball flight
- Next generation RZN formulation offers a softer feel without compromising distance
- Urethane cover features micro dimples to enhance spin and control on the greens
- Redesigned Speedlock mantle engages the cover for more greenside spin
What they say: The Nike RZN Tour Black Golf Balls are tour-level balls designed with Speedlock Technology that optimizes energy transfer for faster ball speed and longer drive distance.
What we say: The Nike RZN Tour Black Golf Ball fulfils the highest demands of the very best golfers. It is designed for moderate/higher swing speeds. This makes it easier to play without losing distance. The spin control is great, but not extreme, providing a great balance between control and distance, perfectly matched for the ambitious golfer.
Overall Rating: 99/100 Points
Check Price: Nike Golf RZN Black Golf Balls, White
2. Callaway Superhot 55
- Long From Tee-to-Green The aerodynamic design is built for low drag and optimal lift that keeps the ball in the air longer with a strong flight. This is how you get long distance off the driver, and all the way through your short irons.
- Reduced Hooks and Slices For Straight Shots Get ready to hit straighter shots with the soft mantle and the cover system. They work together to create low spin that reduces hooks and slices for a more controlled ball flight.
- Soft Feel The low 55 compression lets you compress the ball with soft feel.
What they say: The Superhot 55 Golf Ball is long from tee to green, with reduced hooks and slices to help you hit it straight, and a low 55 compression that leads to soft feel.
What we say: Callaway’s Superhot 55 has indeed a very low compression which makes the (outer layer) very soft and providing a very good feedback. The outer layer is relatively thin and this combination enables a very good balance between distance and control. A very good ball that will bring you lots of fun and enjoyment.
Overall Rating: 96/100 Points
Check Price: Callaway Superhot 55 Golf Balls (12 Balls)
3. Titleist NXT Tour
Dimple design Spherically-tiled 302 octahedral dimple design.
Cover system Soft, fast Fusablend® cover.
Core Larger center dual core engine.
What they say: Engineered for performance and distance – The Titleist NXT Tour golf ball is a high performance ball delivering low driver and long iron spin for outstanding distance along with excellent shot stopping control. This advanced multi-component golf ball features a large dual core with a soft center, soft Fusablend cover and spherically tiled 302 octahedral dimple design.
What we say: The Titleist NXT Tour has all the features ambitious golfer can expect. It is long, it is straight, and it stops on the green. Perfectly balanced! Highly recommended.
Overall Rating: 95/100 Points
Check Price: Titleist NXT Tour 2016 1 Dozen
4. Bridgestone Tour B330
- A new engine – The all new Tour Core is 6% larger and utilizes a steeper gradient in softness from the inner part of the core to the outer region, resulting in faster ball speed and more reduced spin off the driver than ever before. Our proprietary gradient technology in the core allows us to accomplish in one layer what others accomplish in two or three, leading to a smoother energy transfer and more power generated by the B330.
- An R&D marvel – The newly formulated SlipRes Cover is the highest performing cover Bridgestone has ever produced on a golf ball. It has the highest friction coefficient rating possible, to achieve the impossible: maximum greenside spin without losing any spin from the rough AND reduced spin off the driver for longer distance. SlipRes also delivers a self-repairing cover for longer playability. More Distance – More Spin – More Playability, guaranteed!
- Consistent flight in all elements – Seamless Cover Technology (SCT) is a proprietary manufacturing process that eliminates the straight part line and creates a non-uniform part line around the golf ball. The result is the most consistent golf ball in terms of accuracy, distance and trajectory ever created.
- The best wind performance – Our proprietary dual dimple cover pattern feature smaller inner dimples that further reduce drag at launch for faster elevation, while the larger outer dimples promote a shallow angle of descent for increased rollout on landing. The result of the improved performance at both takeoff and landing is greater overall distance performance and more consistency in the wind.
What they say: Engineered by Tour Professionals for swing speeds above 105 mph seeking maximum TOUR DISTANCE. The NEW TOUR B330 features a firmer TOURcore designed to increase ball speed for longer distance. The NEW patented SlipRes cover produces maximum green side performance, higher friction for more spin from the rough and less spin off the driver for increased distance.
Click the video to learn more.
What we say: Bridgestone has a lot to say about its Tour B330 (see above). To enjoy all the benefits of this ball you do need to have a fast swing (105 mph) – 75% of all golfers are not that fast. However, if you are able to hit that consistently you get a ball that will bring you lots of fun and in particular distance. Bridgestone claims that the B330 provides more consistency in the wind. We could’t really confirm that, but if you are looking for a ball to play a links course it is worth giving this ball a go.
Overall Rating: 92/100 Points
Check Price: Bridgestone Tour B330 2016 Golf Balls
5. Volvik Vibe
- EXTREME SOFTNESS, TOUR QUALITY URETHANE FOR EVERY PLAYER
- Ultra soft feel and enhanced ight stability
- Powerful driving force generated by faster ball speed
- More consistent shots produced by optimal ball spin
- Optimal putting feel
What they say: The VIBE is a 3-piece, 65-compression ball that has tested as one of the longest golf balls on the market today, especially for slower to medium swing speeds to gain extreme distance. While other manufacturers claim lower compressions, Volvik’s testing confirmed that 65 is a compression that every level of player can compress, receive the benefits of an ultra-soft feel while still getting the distance and greenside spin of a true tour quality golf ball. The 336-dimple pattern ensures an enhanced flight time, optimal greenside spin and the short game control that you would expect from a Urethane 3-piece golf ball.
What we say: Volvik is an underdog in the golf ball industry. Nevertheless, their new Vibe Golf Ball is fantastic. It is especially designed for medium swing speeds (75-95 mph) and it is Soft! Soft! Soft! without losing to much of distance. We don’t think it is necessary the right ball for every golfer, but in particular Women are very likely to love this ball because of its incredible features.
Overall Rating: 92/100 Points
Check Price: 2015 Volvik DS77 Golf Balls White 1 Dozen 07123